Bill Bryson - The Road to Little Dribbling (More Notes from a Small Island)

 


I had such a great time reading this book. Like Bill Bryson I'm not born in the UK, so I share his amazement with certain things in this country. It is very rare that I have to laugh reading a book, yet this book made me laugh more than just a dozen times and I have to admit I did it very loudly. Amusing and charming as it is, sometimes it's hilarious.
Of course I have to tell you what the book is about.
Little Dribbling is a visit and often a revisit to villages, towns, cities and countrysides in the UK made by the writer. He describes his experiences with walks, people and above all: absurdities in the country. All is done in a charming and loving way.
My wife predicted what would happen and did what I wanted to do: buying more of Bill Bryson's books. I'm looking forward to train my laughing muscles a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrines of Gaiety - Kate Atkinson

Ireland, a History - Thomas Bartlett

Human Croquet - Kate Atkinson