Graeme Macrae Burnet - His Bloody Project

 

A very interesting book written with a POV in a way you rarely see. The main character is viewed through documents and testimonies. The story itself was quite upsetting for me, it made me feel really angry and I almost quit reading. It was worth it to read on and I think the book gives you an insight in an era in Scotland that certainly is not the best period to have lived in. Although the book is edited very well, I found one mistake. (It's a "quality" in me I don't like. I always feel a bit guilty when I do.) It took me some time to get into a "flow" reading the book, which I can blame on the structure. I do think it's also the strength of the book. The different characters come to life even using this. All in all I enjoyed reading it and can recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrines of Gaiety - Kate Atkinson

Ireland, a History - Thomas Bartlett

Human Croquet - Kate Atkinson