Field of Blood - Denise Mina



Nice to be able to compare the TV series The Field of Blood with the book it was base upon. The series was quite okay, but in my opinion the book "Field of Blood" by Denise Mina is much better.

I love the weaving in of the story of the crook Paddy Meehan with the main story, the quest for the truth by Patricia (Paddy) Meehan and her search for an independent life away from the suffocating social life in an overly catholic society.

Denise Mina did a good job in her description of the newsroom in the eighties. It all comes to life very well. I will not tell you about the murder case, don't want to spoil anything.

All in all I think 5 stars is fully deserved for this book. I enjoyed reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrines of Gaiety - Kate Atkinson

Human Croquet - Kate Atkinson

Ireland, a History - Thomas Bartlett